Welcome to Sorpaid.com
The Charity Commission, reflecting the public interest,
now demands that those governing and managing charities
be accountable and transparent, and that trustees
and managers are given suitable training. High standards
of corporate governance and risk management are expected
of Charity trustees.
Urgent news about the new charity SORPs >>>>
Click here for the Sorpaid Shop >>>>
We, at Peter Brown & Co provide practical solutions
to the demands placed on charity trustees and administrators,
and we provide support and assistance to other accountants
who may need to advise clients in the charity sector,
but do not have the specialised knowledge of the sector
that is required nowadays.
In particular, we can help to meet the accounting
and governance requirements of the Charities Act and
the SORP (ie The Statement of Recommended Practice
for Accounting and Reporting issued by the Charity
In some of the areas described below, we provide
the services ourselves – in others, we have
a panel of experts in particular specialisms and geographical
areas that enables us to provide a holistic approach
to the governance of charities, so that we can be
‘the one stop shop’. We help accountants,
trustees and charity administrators with...
- Accounts production tools to prepare SORP and
FRSSE compliant accounts for charities
- Charity template addons for VT Accounts production
- Training CDs and videos on a range of administration
and governance issues for charities
- Advice on accounting systems,PAYE, VAT and tax
advice for charities and their accountants.
- Courses and seminars for practising accountants,
trustees and administrators of charities
- Advice on charity management issues such as risk
management and reserves policies
- Charity registration and company formation services
- Advice on fundraising and obtaining grants, and
trading by charities
- Advice on the purchasing of equipment, resources
and goods and services
- Developing effective websites for charities
- Subcontract work on charity accounts for other
firms of accountants
- Audit engagements and special reports for charities,
including EU verifications.
Our team comprises auditors, accountants and advisors
with expertise in the charity sector, and we have
a panel of associates across the UK who can provide
service on the spot.
This website describes our products and services
and how we can work in partnership with accountants
and charity trustees and administrators.
As with all our services, our fees are highly competitive.
Our offices are set in a rural location, and therefore
we have low premises overheads. This means that we
are able to offer the highest quality services, very
often at the lowest price.